Monday, July 7, 2014

NYC Marathon Check-In

I can be bad at talking about my training. Okay, I'm awful at it. Maybe it's time for some accountability here! Plus I'm barely talking about how I'm running the NYC Marathon.

I've always thought about how awesome it would be to run this marathon. Most people strive to run Boston, not me. (Yeah I know, but you're from there.) I can't wait to see the city in a whole new way. I'm currently at 28% to my goal. You can always donate and help kids get better.

CJ is much better at taking pictures now.

My training for NYC and for the Dopey Challenge started last week. The hospital has a training schedule that I'm following for right now. I'm following the beginner plan. I've only done one marathon before and don't want to push myself further than necessary. I have enough problems without hurting myself by going to hard. Here's how my training looked for the last week:

Monday: Rest day. (I ran 1.18 miles the day before.
Some XT with walking and dancing at a concert.)
Tuesday: XT (walking, stairs, dancing)
Wednesday: Rest day.
Thursday: 1.52 miles
Friday: XT (workout DVD)
Saturday: 2.02 miles
Sunday: XT (walking on the waterfront in Plymouth)

The mileage isn't super high (yet). I've also been working everyday so there's always other things that I'm doing. I actually haven't felt overwhelmed by this training plan. Usually I feel like I can't do it or that I don't have time, but 1 mile isn't bad and can be done in a short amount of time. I know that I'll have to do back to back long runs sooner or later, but the runDisney training plan for Dopey begins the back to back runs starting on Week 12 (the week of September 15). There are 3 weeks that I'll need to add back to back long runs during my NYC Marathon training and I'm okay with that. 

Let's see how next week looks when I check in again!

No comments:

Post a Comment