Monday, July 28, 2014

4 Weeks Down...

...14 more weeks to go. I felt like I was getting through the weeks really quick, but 14 weeks is still a lot of weeks. I've started 5 weeks today and feel better about it. Last week wasn't really great. I was feeling sick on and off most of the week and missed my long run. I know these things can happen, but it's still hard to not beat myself up over. I'm trying to be positive. This week will be better and longer (more on that later).

Let's take a look at last week:

Monday: 2.71 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Sequence 1 of the Tracy Anderson Method
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 3.03 miles, 5 minute yoga, & .5 mile walk
Saturday: Rest (Sick all day)
Sunday: 3 mile walk

I'm hoping that this week I'll be feeling much better. So far today seems good. I got out for my run and finished with some yoga. 


This week will be a little more challenging. I signed up for a race that I'm not fully trained for, but then again I've never been fully trained for anything I feel like. So on Sunday morning I will be driving up to Rockport, MA for the Yukan Run TripleThreat Half Marathon Challenge! The races start at 9 am. Yes I said races. This is how the morning will look:

9 am: 1 mile
9:20 am: 5k
10:15 am: Half Marathon

Extra for running all 3 races!




If you do all 3 you are completing the TripleThreat Challenge. Of course I signed up for that. (I'm losing my mind!) Regardless of which race/races you do you receive a tech-race shirt. If you complete the half marathon you also receive a medal. Of course if you complete all 3 you receive a beach cooler as well. I'm excited to go to the North Shore to run. I don't usually go anywhere north of Boston. I've never been to this area either so I'll be using this experience as a sightseeing time as well.



The following weekend I will be going south to Narragansett, RI to run. (I've never been to this part of Rhode Island either. I must be going for the ocean views!) I'll be running in the Bobby Doyle Summer Classic. This is a 5 mile run which will also include ocean views for part of the race. You do receive a tech-race shirt and a medal for finishing the race.




Not only am I excited for seeing new places that are pretty close to home, but I'm also excited that I've reached 30% of my fundraising goal so far! I've set a new goal of reach 50% by September 6th. I know there's been a lot of stories going around right now about children who are sick. As someone who has seen these people first hand at Children's Hospital, my heart breaks even more for them. 















CJ's first opening day!
I know that most people who are in my life today know CJ as a happy kid who is always running around. And that is how we see him now too. My family also remembers him being in the hospital. It is awful to think this is how we spent months, but CJ is stronger because of it. (No really, wait until he hits you or throws something at you.) We have pictures that we don't really show people hidden way on the computer. I hate that anyone has to go through this. I know that it is hard to think about good things that happen to us sometimes, but we should all try. It can be something small even. (Like that woman who held the door for you.) 









I'm running for every single child and every single family who has to go through hard times with their children. I may not be a mother, but I do feel for you. If you can donate any amount to the hospital please do so here: Nicole's Fundraising Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment