Monday, June 23, 2014

A Concert and a Run

Saturday night I went to the House of Blues to see Phantogram with a few friends. I have never seen them before and was pretty excited to see them. They were amazing. I'm glad I got to go and hang out with some friends outside of work.


On Sunday morning I was back in Boston for the B.A.A. 10k. Heading into the run I had the plan of doing better than the 10k 2 weeks ago. Little did I know things would change. As soon as I got in the parking garage I knew I was going to be sick. I tried to find a bathroom, but I couldn't. Then it was too late. I sent a text to my friend Kevin saying I didn't think I was going to be running that day. I knew that if I could just clean up that I could run, but I didn't think that was going to be an option. I wasn't upset that I was going to have my first Did Not Start (DNS), but more that I was missing my second of three races with the B.A.A. I actually found a bathroom and cleaned up. I walked back to my car disappointed, but ended up finding something else that I could wear in my trunk. (Guess it's good that I haven't donated those clothes still.) I changed and ended up at the starting line. At the 5k mark I saw a proposal. (Why at the 5k? You knew that photographer was there?) It was warm. There were plenty of water stops along the way so that helped. All the volunteers along the course were awesome. Then I was at the finish. After I finished Kevin came up to me, made fun of my outfit, and walked with me to get my shirt. 


This may have been quite the morning for me, but I finished. In October I will go on to run the half and requirements for the Distance Medley. I also did PR for my 10k. I didn't do it by much or got the time I went in planning on, but I finished. Sometimes you have to change your goals. For me sometimes I need to remember that I just want to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment