Friday, October 31, 2014

It's Almost Time!

Tomorrow I leave for New York City.

I'm excited. I'm scared. I'm excited. I'm freaking out!

I admitted last night that this was the scariest thing I was going to do. Forget running Dopey in January, I am freaking out about 1 race! ("It's a televised event! It makes sense you're scared!" Words from a friend.)

Wednesday night we had our team dinner. It was Maggiano's in Boston. It was really good. I got to hear a little bit more about the NYC Marathon and talk about Disney!

I am packed to go.
I have my pick up info, my charity band to get into the area on Staten Island, my singlet.
I'm as ready as I'll ever be. 
Now I need the rest of me to understand that too.

2 days from now I will be running through one of the best cities in the world!




While relaxing last night on Facebook, I saw a post from the Devil's Chase 6.66 Miler that caught my eye. I was going to sign up for this race this year, but for no reason at all I didn't sign up. Next years race is being held ON HALLOWEEN! They had a special price until midnight tonight tonight (Halloween) to pay $30 for the entry. Of course I signed up, but an even crazier sign up happened when Carrick signed up! He has one year to start running. I'm so excited for him! Looks like we'll be spending another Halloween up in Salem!



Meanwhile for the rest of 2014 I still have to sign up for a Thanksgiving Day run. I'm looking at one in Hingham or maybe I'll just end up in Plymouth again! Not 100% sure still, but I need to figure it out and then get Nate moving. (And also convince him that he will not die during a 3 mile run!)



I did get my cousin to sign up for a 5k in December in Newburyport. (I have to convince her that she'll be fine too. What is with the people I know!?!) The event is called Ladies Night Out. Throughout the year there are a few of these runs on the North Shore and in New Hampshire. This is a ladies only run and a few of my team mates from TNT will also be there. We're going to have fun and I said she could have my wine. (Not drinking will let you give that away!)

I have a few last minute things to do before leaving tomorrow, but I'm going to enjoy my Halloween. It is my favorite holiday after all!
It's just a bunch of hocus pocus!


No comments:

Post a Comment