Monday, October 20, 2014

NYC Marathon Training Week 16

This week had some big wins in it. Let's take a look.

Monday: Tufts Health Plan 10k for Women
Tuesday: 3 mile walk
Wednesday: 5 mile walk 45 minutes of yoga
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 3 mile walk
Saturday: 3 mile walk
Sunday: Cause 4 Paws 5k, 1.02 mile walk

I wrote about how I PR'd on Monday in last weeks recap so I'll leave it out of this recap. I am still super excited about that. I took the week easy after running the half followed by the 10k. I do not have time for injuries now. Plus I was doing my last race before the marathon on Sunday.

The Cause 4 Paws 5k is in it's 6th year and benefits the Quincy Animal Shelter.

This is where my second 5k took place (also my first one outside of Disney) back in 2011. I was so excited to have done the run in 34:47! That was my 5k PR until I ran it last year in 2013. I did the run in 31:47! My ultimate goal for a 5k is sub-30 minutes. (Someday I will get it there!) Yesterday ended up being colder than it has been lately and crazy windy. Nate also had the day off so he was coming to "cheer me on" (I think he was really coming to look at all the cute dogs that were there!) Our friend Christopher also came and signed up when we got to the parking lot where the race started. (The same Christopher who ran Boston last year after qualifying!) We also met up with our friends, Lindsay and Greg. (Greg came in 2nd this year!) I ran with Christopher for almost a mile and a half before telling him to go on his way. My first mile was 9:09 and I was dying! He is so much faster than I am. My second mile came in at 9:57 which was still faster than normal for me. (Could I really meet a sub-30 5k today!?!) My right shin started to hurt, but I was also getting a side stitch on my right side. I could push through it I kept telling myself. At one point close to the end I felt my side and had to stop and walk. I did beat my PR and wasn't expecting to do as well as I did.

I'm also 70% of the way to hit my goal for the NYC Marathon! If you can help please do so here!


No comments:

Post a Comment