Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Week 12 Training Recap

Week 12 involved absolutely no running. I know what do I mean no running!?! I caught the cold that was going around and took the time to get better. I still got in almost 15 miles (probably over because I was still at work moving around without tracking my steps) of walking in during the week. I'm still kind of feeling the cold lingering, but I feel so much better this week. I just got back from a 3 mile run which felt great. (Besides the pain in my right knee, it was great.) I'm behind in my long runs for NY, but I'm going to do whatever I can do to keep myself injury and sickness free. If I do that, I can do a marathon.

This Saturday is the Zooma Run Cape Cod. I feel like I signed up forever ago! (It was actually about 3 months ago.) This run came up fast. I'm looking forward to getting my butt out there and doing my best. (As much as I'd love to PR, doing my best and having fun needs to be #1!)

We also have a great fundraiser happening on Saturday that my sister is putting on in memory of my dad's friend who passed away last year. There will be a poker run and raffles with all donations going to Boston's Children Hospital. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone after I run and raising money for a great hospital.

I'm also giving away a $20 Starbucks gift card for every $5 donation I receive until the end of Friday night!


If you would like to donate, but can not attend the fundraiser you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment