Tuesday, September 9, 2014

NYC Marathon Training Week 10

Week 10 of training has come and gone! (Just like August.) Whoa!

This past week was much better than the previous weeks. This helped my confidence a lot.

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 6.01 miles
Wednesday: 1 hour of yoga
Thursday: .5 miles walk, a lot of lifting at work
Friday: 5 miles, walk at beach
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 9.12 miles, 4.68 mile walk


On Friday I  got to hang out with Nate. We went to White Horse Beach during the day. (You know where there was a shark and everyone freaked out.) We got to just relax on a day off which was nice. That night we went to the Museum of Fine Arts for First Friday. Every first Friday of the month they are open from 6:30-9:30 pm. This does require a ticket ($25 or free for members), but there is dancing, drinks, tapas, and meeting new people. We spent our night walking through the different exhibits and enjoying some art.
Checking out the Shinique Smith exhibit




On Sunday I got up and ran 9 miles. This was the first time I've felt good about running in a while. It was exactly what I needed. Then I drove to meet up with with my friends to drive to Provincetown. I've never really traveled on the Cape so this was a first time to go down there. We had a nice time walking around before we drove back home. 


Look at how big these flowers are!




















This pole is usually under water.


When we got back to my friend's house we took a walk down to the beach (the same beach I was at on Friday) and up to Manomet Point. This added up the miles for me which I needed.















I'm hoping to hit the half way mark this week with my fundraising. I need to raise $125 to do so. I think that I can do it! If you would like to help out a wonderful cause you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment