Thursday, January 5, 2017

Resolutions? Whatever!

New Years is always about resolutions. You know, the things you're excited about until you actually have to do it. We all do it.

Instead of making some resolution that I know I'll give up on almost immediately. This year I decided to do something I know I'll stick to. Maybe push me, but that I can actually do.

So this year I'm going to do the following:


  • Write down positive moments. 
    • No matter how small they will seem, just write them down.
  • Train for the Chicago Marathon properly.
    • I tend to fall off the training wagon and I want to get that out of my system.
  • Drink water. 
    • I barely drank water the past months, so even one glass is better than nothing. Eventually I want to drink at least 8 glasses, but I'm okay starting small.
  • Workout at least 3x a week.
    • I need to take care of myself. If I can't give myself even 30 minutes, then I need to prioritize my life.
  • Go to one exercise class a week.
    • I love to never go to the gym even though I'm paying for it. If I go to a class at least once a week the membership pays for itself. 
  • Write more.
    • Whether this is here on the blog or in my journal, just write more. 
    • I did get a 5-Year Memory Journal that I've been filling out daily. 
  • Read 40 books.
    • I'll set up a page with what I've been reading.
  • Donate to a cause once a month.
    • It feels good to help other people. I'm not looking for a lot, but just helping out a cause is nice.
  • See new places.
    • I'm not specific on new places. It could be a new town, a new part of a town I've been in, a new state, or a new country.

No comments:

Post a Comment