Tuesday, April 21, 2015

It's Been Longer Than Expected

I haven't written in almost 2 months. I guess a part of me just hasn't had much to say. Another part has a ton to say. Then there's the part that is scared to say anything.

The winter took it's toll on me. I've been super depressed and anxious for such a long time that I don't know how to go about living without it. I keep telling myself to go outside and enjoy the sun and the warmth that we've waited months for. The thought makes me so stressed that I stay inside.

When the Black Cat race got cancelled a huge part of me was relieved. I wasn't running...at all. It took away some stress and negative feelings by not having it.

A few weeks later I did go up to Salem to take on the Nutty Irish 5k Cocoa Run. I enjoyed myself even though it was snowing and had some harsh conditions to go through. The run was on a golf course. A golf course that was covered in snow. (Keep in mind as snow melts and it gets cold again it turns to ice.) There were some steep hills to go up and down, but we did it! I let Carrick finish ahead of me for his first 5k. He's been training a lot better than me so I was fine taking my time.

Our next step is the Expedition Everest Challenge next week! I'm in desperate need of a vacation. I'm excited to experience Carrick's first trip to Disney with him! It's going to be a great time.

Last week I went into Boston to participate in the run group She Runs Boston. I've never gone to any sort of group runs, but I gave it a shot. I was alone so it was a little weird because I didn't know anyone. I chose to do the 3-mile run. I haven't been training so I didn't choose the 4-mile group. They believe in a no one gets left behind mentality which is awesome. If you need to walk, you walk. If you want to run a 7 minute mile you go! I got to talking with a couple of girls about half way through as we did a run-walk. They were newer runners and none of us had a time limit on ourselves. I can't go back for 2 weeks, but this is something I want to try to go to consistently.

And yesterday was the Boston Marathon! I headed to the finish line so I could catch the elite runners finish. This is something I've set out to do, but always miss by minutes. The weather wasn't going to be so great and I didn't have any close friends running so I wasn't planning on staying there for long. It was great to see the wheelchair athletes and the elite runners finish. They are super speedy! It was a wonderful day in Boston regardless of the weather. I'm so proud of anyone who participated in the marathon! It is quite the accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment