Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 7 & Tax Free

Tax Free weekend definitely took a toll on my training this week.

I had worked 6 of the 7 days this week. My day off was actually the Bobby Doyle Summer Classic last Sunday. My body was feeling tired for sure. I didn't do anything outside of running this week except my normal duties at work. (That counts still right!?!)  I went to the track after work on Thursday for some "speed work". I played around with different intervals to get me through so I guess it was more of a fartlek training than anything else. It took about 2.5-3 miles to really get into it properly. I did a 10 mile run after work yesterday and it took a toll. Both of my knees were giving me attitude during the run at some point which made me more frustrated than anything else. I pushed through it though. Much better than the run I did on Tuesday for sure. I just could not get into that run to save my life.  Like I said last week was kind of rough.

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 2 miles
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 5 miles at the track for speed work
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 10 miles

This week will be another hard one with the work schedule, but it should be better than last week.

I'm making my way to half of my fundraising goal. How does money donated to Boston Children's Hospital help? Look at this fun image to see some ways that you're donation helps!



If you want to make a difference too you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment