Wednesday, August 27, 2014

NYC Marathon Training Week 8

I'm a couple days late with my check-in, but my brain was barely working the past few days. Last week was rough. I did more cross-training, but not enough running. I've been burnt out from the Tax-Free Weekend and the work that has been going on. This is how my week looked.

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: 1 hour Full body workout with 5 lb weights
Thursday: 4.07 miles on track
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 4 miles
Sunday: Rest

I was suppose to do 12 miles on Saturday and could barely get through 4. I remember feeling beyond frustrated and annoyed. I thought maybe that I could make up a few miles on Sunday, but I had worked almost a 12 hour day. I'm moving on from last week and gave myself Monday and Tuesday of this week off to relax and try to get all the anger and frustration out of my system from the past couple of weeks. There are better things to worry about right?



I've hit the 40% goal of my fundraising as well. (Well it should be more, but it seems there was a flub in the system the end of last week. That should be fixed shortly.) So as of right now at 10:49 am I have hit  $1,400! I want to hit the $1,500 mark by September 1. I think we can do it. If you can donate you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment