Monday, May 26, 2014

I May Have BIG News!

I last left off on my train ride to DC. A little has happened since then.

I participated in the Nike Women's Half Marathon DC for the second year in a row. It was a rough run. Nike did a fantastic job again. My stomach on the other hand did not. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary that morning, but I was sick during the run. If you look at my splits you would understand. I had to walk most of it. It wasn't my worst half, but it wasn't my best. I did finish though!



After my trip to DC I drove to Redding, CT for the Redding Road Race. I did the 7 mile route. This was a very hilly run! I loved every second of it though. It was so well put together it was worth leaving my house at 3 am! If you live in the Northeast you should check it out next year!
One of my favorite medals!




After a little trip to Disney World for a week, I came home to remembering that I had a half marathon! Boston's Run to Remember has been going on for 10 years now. My friend Christopher ran with me. I'm so thankful he did because my knee wasn't happy. It started hurting almost immediately. It was awful. It was really humid which was hitting me by the end of the run. I was really impressed with the police along the course. They were all happy to be there and cheered for all of the runners. Maybe it's just me, but usually they just stare past you. I finished the run a little longer than I wanted to, but I'm still pretty happy with the time considering I was hurting.


In bigger news, I'm running the New York City Marathon! I got chosen to run with Boston Children's Hospital. This hospital saved my nephew's life and my family will be forever grateful for that. I'm really excited to participate in the marathon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment