Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hello There

I've been a little out of the loop lately. Seems to happen a lot.

First things first,

The B.A.A. 5k is on Saturday! This will be my first time doing this race and I'm really excited. I have a couple of friends who are also running this. One of whom is running the Marathon on Monday!

Yesterday was a year since last year's Marathon and the awful events that happened. I ran the last stage of the One Run for Boston 2 on Sunday to show support for everyone who was effected by those events and the city of Boston as a whole. I did get a little teary eyed during the run, but I'm happy I was part of such a great relay.

Next Monday I will be at the Marathon to cheer on everyone who is running. I've been asked if I'm nervous to go in or told they don't understand why I'm going in, but I will go support my friends and fellow runners. I can't wait to see my friend cross the finish line!


 Some of my TNT teammates are holding a virtual 5k to help them raise money for LLS. They are running the Marathon and set up this run up to help show support to LLS as well as the city of Boston. If you want to sign up you can do so here. It's $26.20 that is well worth it.






Next week I'll also head to DC to participate in the Nike Women's Half Marathon. I was able to participate in the inaugural run last year as a part of TNT. I had a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back and see more of DC.





I also signed up for the Boston's Run to Remember Half Marathon during Memorial Day weekend. This half is to remember fallen law enforcement. I've always heard good things about this run.

No comments:

Post a Comment