Saturday, August 3, 2013

It's August

Welcome to August.

This is crunch month.

I've had a hard time training during this heat wave & a new medication that made super tired. Heat wave is over & I'm 27 days away from my next half. Let's back up a little though.

First have I mentioned how much I love Sparkly Soul headband!?! I got one for the Nike Women Half DC. The company was nice enough to let us buy some at a discount & with express shipping for TNT. The MA Chapter has gold & blue headbands, the colors for the B.A.A. I wore it during the Nike Women Half & a few times after that. Now that my hair is a little longer I can use it. I wore it yesterday during work & just got back from a run wearing it. It stays put all day! Check them out.

I ran today. I'm a little slower than I was, but at least I'm faster than I am right now sitting on my couch type this. I've been have knee pain since DC & was hoping with some rest it would go away. Well it hasn't & I'm pissed. I got some KT Tape & used it for the first time today during my run. No knee pain! Yay! It is awesome! I even met a woman at my work who was given it from her physical therapist to help in the heeling of her broken elbow. She was happy to know she could get it at the Greater Boston Running Company in my plaza.

I got green tape. This is what my knee currently looks like.

In 8 days I will be competing in the Spartan Race in Amesbury, MA. I'm participating in the sprint. The sprint is 3 miles with obstacles throughout. I know some people who have done this race or similar races. Just the other day I met a girl who has done it & said this is the hardest one I've done, but you'll be fine I promise! I've never done a mud run before & I'm excited to do one. Who knows, maybe I'll end up at Fenway in November doing it again. More to come on this race...

In 27 days I will be in California for the Disneyland Half Marathon! I've never been to California so I'm really excited to get out there.

I will be running this half for the first time. I've heard good things about it. It will be different than Disney World for sure, but still will be fun! There is less time in the parks so this will be a different experience all together. 



The Disneyland Half Marathon medal!


Back in January I completed the Disney World Marathon. (That is 26.2 miles.) When I complete the Disneyland Half I will also get a bonus medal. This medal is for the Coast to Coast challenge. When you complete one half/full marathon in Disney World & one half marathon in Disneyland in the same calendar year you receive an extra medal. I can't wait to add that to my collection as well.

The Coast to Coast medal. 

After Disneyland I have a couple weeks off before I travel about 45 minutes south to run in the Rock 'n Roll Half in Providence, RI.

I've never done a Rock 'n Roll event before, but I'm super pumped about it! My friend Kevin (you can meet him here at Quincy Runner) is also running it. The coordinators opened up free entries for anyone who did not get to complete the Boston Marathon this year. Kevin will have wrote about it. Check out his blog. Also my roommate from DC, Lauren, will be running it. I'm excited to see her again.

In October I will be running the B.A.A. Half Marathon.

The B.A.A. hosts the Boston Marathon. I made the decision closer to last minute that I wanted to participate in this half. At 10 am I was signing up. Almost immediately after I was seeing Facebook posts about how people couldn't sign up & were being told that it had already sold out. The B.A.A. was quick to announce that it sold out in 12 minutes!



I'm going to try to be better about posting. I have a lot coming up to talk about! Where are your races (or anything else) taking you!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment